If you haven’t noticed by now, blue is my favorite color. I tend to incorporate the color into just about anything and everything that I can. From my wedding, to my clothes, to my the walls around my home, blue is definitely my signature color.
Over the past few years, I have been on a mission to collect blue decorations to add to my stash. The shades of blue that I look for are not always easy to find. Teal is a popular color during the season along with the reds and the greens. It may be a bit crazy to some, but I just love, love, love Cobalt, Royal, and Navy blues hues. So, much so that I started a tradition years ago, when my kids were young, to decorate a beautiful blue, white, and sliver Christmas around our home.
My Centerpiece, Vase, and Sand Art.
- I made this centerpiece by putting some smaller decorations like pine cones and leaves that were sliver and blue inside big vase. I found the blue poinsettias at Michael’s Craft Store. Then, I wrapped it with the ribbon I had left from my tree stand.
- My blue and white peppermint bottle is just blue and white sand I bought from the Dollar Tree Store. I found the bottle at Ross, and it actually has the letter B on it in gold, I just turned it around because it didn’t match the color scheme.
My Snow globe, Hurricane Vase, Snowman stand.
- I found a huge, gallon-sized mason jar at a thrift store for just $2.00 buck! I decided to add some fake snow, a small tree, a little house, and a miniature Santa Claus inside to make a huge snow globe. All little props were found at the Dollar Tree Store. Then I topped it with a tree I made out of sliver garland and tree shaped foam. Both also from the Dollar Tree Store.
- I made a cute little tulle ball to place on top of my beautiful sliver candle holder that I found at Ross Department store.
- I filled up a hurricane vase (Learn how to make one Here), with little ornaments and bells. Then I put a sliver pine cone on top.
- I got the little snowmen from the Dollar Tree Store a few years back. I put a martini glass upside down onto the mantle, and placed a snowman on top. Around my mantle are decals found at Big Lots. I just stuck them on because I thought they added a nice, little touch to the fireplace area.