Day 3 of this delightful series!
I’m really enjoying these oatmeal dishes this week! I’m a fan of breakfast. It is the most important meal of my day. I found that, if I take the time to eat a hearty breakfast, like oatmeal, I won’t be digging through my pantry at 10:00am dying to eat anything I can get my hands on.
Today, I grabbed an apple, a few other ingredients from my pantry, and came up with new flavorful favorite.
I bring to you, Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal!
A hearty bowl of apple and cinnamon goodness!
- 1/2 Cup 1 Minute Oatmeal
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1/2 of an Apple, Skinned and Diced
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- Mix water, apples, and oatmeal in a small saucepan.
- Cook until oatmeal is soft.
- Add milk for desired constancy.
- Add the brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and apple pie seasoning.
- Mix well
Try it out with Almonds or Walnuts.
Benefits of Apples:
- Apples have potent anti-cancer abilities
- Apple have high amounts of fiber, and is anti-cholestetol
- Apple have an antioxidant known as Quercetin that boosts your immune system
- Apple aid in fighting off oxygen-free radicals that cause diabetes
- The biting and chewing of an apple increases the secretion of saliva i the mouth that delays tooth decay
As you can see, apples not only taste good, but they are also quite nutritious.
Benefits of Cinnamon:
- Lowers cholesterol
- Aids in weight loss
- Protects against heart disease
- Is used to treat toothaches and bad breath
- Also helps in boosts you immunity.