It’s Day 6, and today’s out-of-the-box oatmeal recipe is a savory one. This is definitely not your grandma’s oatmeal.
I love bacon. Who doesn’t?
I love mushrooms. I could eat them everyday.
I love eggs. Even though I have cut back due to the shortage, it’s still a nice protein packed food.
With oatmeal being bland like it is, It’s makes for a nice canvas to experimenting with.
A Savory oatmeal dish that is great for breakfast as well as dinner!
- 3 slices of Bacon
- 1/2 Cup Oatmeal
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 3 Mushrooms, Diced
- 2 Tablespoons Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Add more if you prefer a lot of cheese)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Cook bacon in a frying pan. Set to the side when done.
- Drain all the oil except 1 Tablespoon.
- Cook the mushrooms in the bacon oil until soft. Set to the side on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Cook Oatmeal and milk in a small saucepan.
- While oatmeal is cooking, cook your egg in a separate pan.
- Add mushrooms, 2 slices of bacon, and cheese to your oatmeal when it's done.
- Stir until cheese has melted.
- Top with your Egg and the last piece of bacon
- Improves immunity system
- High in Iron
- Increases your metablism
- Rich in Zinc
- Increases your Vitamin D levels
- High in protein
- Aids in keeping your skin healthy
- Contain 9 essential animo acids
- Boosts weight loss
- Low in Calories